SEA TREK HELMET DIVING & SNORKEL
An ideal way for non-swimmers to thrill to the mysteries of the deep, the Blue Water Sea Trek Helmet Diving and Snorkel shore excursion puts you face to face with brilliantly colored marine life—and walking and breathing are the only skills required. The specially designed helmet keeps your head and shoulders dry the entire dive: You can even leave your make-up and prescription glasses on!
After a short briefing on equipment, safety and communication, you and seven other divers head to the SeaTrek platform right off the beach. Your experienced Sea Trek guide outfits you with an astronaut-style helmet that provides a continuous air supply while you’re under water. Descend a ladder as the warm seas embrace you until you reach the ocean floor.
Once your group is in step single-file underwater, march along the ocean floor, holding on to the rope line as you gaze at the wonders that lie beneath the crystal-blue Caribbean. Watch sea creatures as they swim in and out of their underwater habitats—one of which is a small rusted airplane that was intentionally sunk to entice fish. Crave a closer look? Your dive leader is happy to bring over sand rays, starfish, spiny lobsters and sea cucumbers for you to see and gently touch.
A half-hour later, it’s back up the ladder to dry land. Spend the rest of your Cozumel helmet diving excursion relaxing beachside, or swap your helmet for the complimentary snorkeling equipment and dive back into the surf. Before leaving, relive the excitement of the dive at the beachfront restaurant, where guides screen a video of the dive as you sip a complimentary cold drink. If you choose, you can buy a copy to preserve the memories of your Cozumel shore excursion forever.
IMPORTANT: Due to the nature and level of physical exertion involved in diving excursions, these excursions are not appropriate for individuals with certain medical conditions such as asthma, heart conditions, high blood pressure or serious diabetes. Contracted Independent Shore Excursion Operators require that all guests be able to participate safely in the shore excursion. If you have any medical condition that may affect your ability to participate safely in the diving excursion, please contact the Shore Excursion Manager prior to booking your excursion.
• Minimum age is 12 years old.
• Minimum weight is 80 lbs.
• No swimming or special skills are required for Sea Trek Helmet Diving.
• The maximum number of participants per dive is 8.
• Complimentary lockers and snorkeling equipment are provided.
• Two drinks (soda, beer or national drinks) are included; guests may purchase more refreshments from the restaurant-bar.
• A video and photograph of your Blue Water Sea Trek Helmet Diving and Snorkel excursion are available for purchase.
• A swimsuit, biodegradable sunscreen and beach towel are recommended.
• Pregnant women and guests with heart/respiratory conditions are not permitted.
• All participants are required to complete and sign a medical waiver (children under 18 must have signature of parent/guardian).
• Please refer to the Tour Operator’s Diving Policy prior to booking.
• Guests with Back, Neck, Shoulder or Knee Injuries are unable to participate.